Monday, July 4, 2011

I Am A Patriot...

...and I love America. I'm grateful to our Founding Fathers for their inspiration, forethought, and levelheadedness. Hurray for America! Hurray for our Founding Fathers! And hurray for all those Patriots who fought to make America a free and independent nation. My sentiments agree with those expressed by Katharine Lee Bates, author of "America." Happy Fourth of July to you.

O beautiful for pilgrim feet Whose stern impassion'd stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat Across the wilderness.

America! America! God mend thine ev'ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control, Thy liberty in law.

O beautiful for heroes prov'd In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved, And mercy more than life.

America! America! May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness, And ev'ry gain divine.

O beautiful for patriot dream That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam Undimmed by human tears.

America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood From sea to shining sea.

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring Nancy. It's hard to read the words without singing it in your mind though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know just what you mean--the melody runs through my mind, too, as I read the words. It's a great song to sing! Happy Independence Day to you, Jim.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...