Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Wishes

This is one of my favorite photographs of my father, brother, and sister. Dad's holding their hands!

Dad, Lee Doyle, looks a little disgruntled, but my brother Bob has a happy, anticipatory smile and my sister Marsha is looking up at Dad with such an expectant expression, as though she's waiting for an answer. Might someone have suggested ice cream? They're standing on the sidewalk near the back door of my grandmother's house.

I'd like to know the story surrounding this photo. Why does Dad look so grumpy and Bob and Marsha so happy? Was there a joke on my father? (See the companion photo below with smiles all around.)

Today's my brother's birthday. I am grateful that he's my brother -- he's a good brother and a good friend. I hope you have a fabulous birthday, Bob!

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo you have here. Happy birthday to your brother and more birthdays to come! Check out your family tree to trace your ancestors. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...