Friday, July 6, 2012

A Birthday Almost Missed

Today, Friday, July 6, is the anniversary of my grandmother Emma Bickerstaff Meinzen's 119th birthday. I almost missed it, not because I forgot, but because I've been so busy with other things. (It's amazing what a new baby does to one's life, even if the baby lives hours away!)

Gramma lived two houses down the street from our house: it was a quick walk to spend time with her. She was one of the dearest people in my youth. She loved me unconditionally, taught me to crochet granny afghan squares, and served me bread and real butter (not the miserable margarine we ate at home) nearly every day after school, among other things.

Happy Birthday, Gramma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...