Sunday, January 31, 2016

Planning My RootsTech 2016 Schedule

RootsTech, that conference of all genealogy conferences, begins this Thursday.   I'm excited to attend and have been looking at the schedule to see the offerings.  My selection would be broader if I were to attend in person but because I'll be receiving the conference via live stream at no cost from the RootsTech website my choices are limited.  Still, I want to know what's on the schedule.



These are the sessions I plan to view (with Eastern Standard Times noted).

Thursday
10:30-1:00
RootsTech General Session with Stephen T. Rockwood, Paula Madison, and Bruce Feiler

1:00-2:00
RT5352  Seven Unique Technologies for Genealogy Discoveries with Mike Mansfield

3:30-4:30
RT2390  Best Websites and Apps for Local History by Amy Crow

5:00-6:00
GS4310  What’s New in Family Tree for 2016 with Ron Tanner

Friday
10:30-noon
RootsTech General Session with Josh and Naomi Davis and David Isay

3:30-4:30
GS2345  Proven Methodology for Using Google for Genealogy by Lisa Louise Cooke

5:00-6:00
RT7450  Finding Elusive Records on FamilySearch.org with Robert Kehrer

6:30-7:30
RT1431  My Ancestors are from Britain– What do I do next? with Myko Clelland

Saturday
This day will be a bit more challenging because both RootsTech and Family Discovery Day sessions will be offered and the schedule of several sessions overlap.  I know I'll be able to view any sessions later.  The Family Discovery Day sessions are directed toward members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and will probably present a more spiritual aspect of family history though all can watch and learn from them.  They will be streamed at lds.org.

10:30-noon
RootsTech General Session with Michael Leavitt

3:00-3:45
Family Discovery Day Opening Session with Elder Dale G. Renlund, Sister Ruth L. Renlund, and Sister Ashley Renlund (at lds.org)
  --OR--
3:30-4:30
RT2560  Become a Master Searcher on Ancestry by Anne Mitchell
  --AND/OR--
4:00-4:45
Family History Discussion with Sheri L. Dew and Sister Wendy W. Nelson (at lds.org)

5:00-6:00
RT1792  Homespun and Calico:  Researching our Foremothers with Peggy Lauritzen

6:30-7:30
GS1532  Five Steps to Identify a Family Photo with Maureen Taylor
(This may have changed to:  RT2230  Using the Genealogical Proof Standard for Success with James Ison)  [Which may be better since I have so few old family photographs.]

I'm especially excited about the presentations by . . .  well, I guess I'm looking forward to all of them.  Each will have something to offer that I want to learn. 

Next, I'll be looking for the syllabii for these presentations.

Will you attend RootsTech, either in person or from home?

--Nancy.

Copyright © 2009-2015 Nancy Messier. All Rights Reserved. .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...